041 - 5/30/10

Today was my going away party with my family and a few family friends. It was definitely good to see everyone. I got two $15 Disney gift cards, a neck pillow, and a book called Girl Power. I love getting presents! Our waiter asked me if it was my birthday. I told him no, but informed him that he could sing to me if he really wanted to. My family is thinking about coming to visit me for Christmas, which would be really cool if they did. I can't believe I only have two weeks until I leave! I have so much to do before then! I've been doing a lot of shopping lately, and I've gotten some really really cute stuff. Plus, I've been cleaning my room at my mom's house, and I found my favorite pair of sunglasses! I did the math today, and if I keep doing a letter a day, I'll finish the day before I leave! Talk about good timing right? I might have a few days of double posting (both ABCs and packing updates), but it depends on how busy I get. Anyways, today is the letter....


M



Malibu


I’m not really a fan of the beach or anything, but Malibu is definitely worth the time to check out. Not only is there an awesome Juicy Couture store (my absolute favorite) in Malibu, but its just all around a beautiful place. Have you ever wondered where Pepperdine University is? Well, if you’re in Malibu, I doubt you’ll miss it. Talk about a school with a view! The Pacific Coast Highway is really pretty too. It’s about an hour to an hour and a half from Anaheim, but the drive through the mountains is so so so pretty.


Magic Mountain


It’s a bit of a drive to Magic Mountain, but I personally think its worth it. I went to MM when I was in high school (I think), and I had a lot of fun. If you like coasters, you will love MM. Goliath is probably one of the most intimidating coasters I have ever been on in my life, but it was worth facing. I was in tears as we climbed the drop, but once it was over I realized how awesome it was. My favorite ride was by far Freefall. From what I hear though, the ride isn’t open anymore, which is heart breaking. I remember having a massive headache about halfway through the day, from going on so many thrill rides back to back. Looking back, I realize that was probably a sign that I should have called it quits. Of course, I didn’t though. MM is about an hour or so from Anaheim as well, but the drive isn’t nearly as pretty as the drive to Malibu.

0 comments:

Post a Comment