052 - 6/18/10

So, I ended my post with us hopping on a bus to Casting, and that's where I'll start.

Day 1

Once we got to Casting, we found out our work locations, and stood in a lot of lines. I'm going to be working at Roaring Fork at the Wilderness Lodge. I've never been there, but about four different people that I encountered at Casting said it's their favorite resort. I'm pretty excited to be in a resort dedicated to the Pacific Northwest though, even if it looks nothing like Washington. Casting took a few hours, although I'm not exactly sure how long. It felt like it wasn't very long to me, but some people told me that we were there for over 3 hours. I guess I was just having fun! During our time at Casting, I met some awesome guys that asked me if I wanted to get lunch with them after we were done. Of course I said yes, I was starving! I had packed snacks, and then taken them out of my purse right before Casting! So, we went to Olive Garden for lunch, but first I helped them unpack their cars. They live in Vista, and even though the apartment isn't very nice, their roommates were all pretty cool. We also went to JCPenneys and Starbucks (the last time I had one!) and ran some other errands. After I got home, Karl and I went to Costco (YAY!) and got dinner at a place called Crispers. It's basically Panera, only not as good. It started to rain while we were eating dinner, and then the thunder and lightening started. It was terrifying. I don't think I'll ever get used to that. Rain I can handle, super loud thunder and REALLY close lightening, not so much. We also went to Dollar General, to get some hangers. It was in an incredibly sketchy area, but I survived. Then, I came home and went to bed. I was so exhausted, and I still am today.

Day 2

Unlike all the other groups, we didn't have our housing meeting until day 2. It really wasn't bad, just making sure everyone understands the rules and everything. I was used in a lovely example with my roommate about getting kicked out if you threaten someone. It was incredibly ironic, considering the example consisted of her eating my food, and me blowing up at her. It was pretty funny, and we were laughing pretty hard. After the housing meeting, the boys and I went to JCPenneys again (Freddy needed to return some things), Whole Foods, and Wal Mart. While we were in Wal Mart, I heard some really loud thunder, and called my mom because I was so freaked out. Then, Isabelle and I went to the pool party, which wasn't very fun. Although, I did get free pizza! After being at the pool party for about 45 minutes, we decided to head to Downtown Disney and check it out. We wandered around, and got our tickets for Toy Story 3. Then, the boys met up with us, and we wandered some more. I bought an apple pie carmel apple and gummy worms. They all loved them! Honestly, those are my favorite things to eat at Disney. After awhile, we decided to take the ferryboat over to Saratoga Springs, because I've never been there, and Isabelle's mom was staying there. The boat driver was not nice to us, and refused to let us board. In the end, we did get to board, but we didn't see Isabelle's mom. So, we walked around Saratoga for awhile, and then took the bus back to DTD and headed home for the night.

Day 3

Waking up at 6 to catch the bus for Traditions was not my favorite part of that day. We got to Disney University, and everyone was split into three groups. My group had Morgan, Freddy, and Karl in it, so that was good! It was different than Traditions at DLR, but it was still fun. Some things were the same, like Mickey's appearance. Everyone was so excited to get their nametags, and I really didn't. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to be here, but I already have two of those nametags at my house. It was cute though to see the reactions of people. There were some tear jerker moments during Traditions. Talking about Walt always seems to make me tear up, although I'm not sure why. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that one man made all of this possible. So, after Traditions, Isabelle and I headed out to Epcot, and went on a few rides. I was so excited, considering I've only been there once, a long time ago. We went on Spaceship Earth, the Seas with Nemo, and Journey into Imagination with Figment. Needless to say, all three of those have changed greatly since I was last here. We also walked the World Showcase, and I got some delicious school bread in Norway. I highly suggest trying it some time! At 7, we went to dinner with Isabelle's mom at the Flying Fish. Oh. My. Gosh. That is probably my new favorite restaurant. I had their steak, and it was so delicious. I don't know what they do to it, but it was yummy. After dinner, we wandered around the Boardwalk, and then caught a taxi with Isabelle's mom to DTD, so we could catch the bus back to Chatham. One we got home, we crashed.

Day 4

Yesterday, I had to wake up at 6 again, to go to Disney University for Food and Beverage Basics. In other words, listen to some trainers talk for an hour and then do online classes. We had five classes to do, all of which I've already done. So, I was out of there by 10:30. Then I went home and took a lovely nap, considering that was day three without coffee. Once Isabelle got home, we went and found her shoes for work. She's working at the Haunted Mansion, which I'm pretty jealous of. After we got her shoes, we headed to Magic Kingdom for about an hour and a half. We went on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, which we both love, and the Astro Orbitors. As we were boarding the Astro Orbitors, the fireworks started. I was terrified. I plugged my ears, and attempted to get out of the park as quickly as possible. As I was walking under the railroad, I saw a young boy covering his ears too! At least I'm not alone! Don't get me wrong, the fireworks are lovely, but they are entirely too loud for me. After we were done at MK, we needed to get to DTD for Toy Story 3! So, we took the bus to Wilderness, and then caught the bus from there to DTD. Of course, as soon as we got off the bus at Wilderness, the DTD bus drove off. We had to sit at Wilderness for about 20 minutes, and finally got on a bus and took an extremely long ride to DTD. Once we got there, we got to our theater (at 11:20) and the only seats available were in the very front. Yeah, we sat in the third row. I also fell asleep during the movie, which always seems to happen when I see 3D Disney movies. The movie was great, and I definitely cried at the end. Karl refused to give us a ride to Chatham, and I honestly don't blame him. So we had to wait forever and a day to catch an extremely packed bus home. Once we finally got home though, at 3:15 (!), Isabelle and I both fell asleep immediately.

Day 5

So, that brings us to today, which has been incredibly uneventful. I woke up at eleven, watched a bunch of HIMYM, and tidied up my room a little. Oh, and spent a few hours writing all of this. I really wanted to go to the parks, but everyone I know either didn't want to go or had training. Maybe tomorrow though. Karl says he's going to take me to JCP tomorrow, so I can pick up my coffee maker and mattress pad. I'm so so so excited to get my coffee maker! It's only 5:15, but I'm really tired still. Even though I woke up at eleven, that was still only about eight hours of sleep. I have a lot of catching up to do, sleep wise. If you guys have any questions for me, feel free to ask. I don't even have my resort orientation until Tuesday, so the next few says will probably be dull.


Vivianne said...

Yay, thanks for the update! I'm excited you're working in a resort so I can see the training process. And I went to The Flying Fish in Arkansas a couple months ago and it was the best! I'm so happy they have one in Orlando :-)

Post a Comment